rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

12.01.2008

[BlogorDIE!] Drake Ain't signed to Yung Money!

By Martin A. Berrios
The music business is a strange beast. Some artists struggle for years and years to get their shot and never even make a dent in the game. On the flipside, there is that rare occurrence where a chance meeting takes place and a career is born. The latter represents the journey of Drake.


Born Aubrey Drake Graham, the Toronto MC has been surrounded by the arts all of his life. Born into a musical family tree, he would take a different route though with a promising acting career. During this time on screen [Degrassi: The Next Generation], he would find himself quietly crafting songs. A couple of years later, Drake has the same team that made Eminem pop behind him and Lil Wayne is performing his verses on the MTV Music Music Awards.



Now with a monster co-sign and a considerable buzz on his side, Drake speaks on where he’s been, where he’s at and where he hopes to go.





AllHipHop.com: How did you get into rapping?



Drake: Well I really started doing a television show for teenagers called Degrassi: The Next Generation. I started on that when I was like fourteen. I did that for eight years. My father was always deeply connected with music, my uncle wrote for Al Green and I’ve always had a lot of musical history in my family.



Within that time period I developed a love for music. I just started taking it seriously when I met a few key people in my life. I did two mixtapes; one with DJ Smalls and one by myself [Comeback Season] that a lot people said should have been an album. Now I here I am, ready to make my debut with a whole bunch of great product to rediscover.




“I’m not signed to Young Money but I’m definitely Young Money affiliated. Like I said, me and Wayne do a lot of work together and Wayne is going to be executive producing my album.”




Full Interview on Allhiphop.com

No comments: